Only the perfect tufted cocktail ottoman will do!
(The above sung to the tune of "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas")
It would feature...
- Beautifully turned wooden legs - preferably capped with antique bronze casters and in a wood tone, complementary to the rest of our decor
- Appropriately generous proportions - we need something pretty large to work in the space we have
- A lovely square or round shape - I'm not a big fan of rectangles or ovals in this application
- Fun and fabulous fabric and leather upholstery options - not sure which will work best for us yet, but I'm leaning toward a more modern fabric, which I think would pair nicely with the more traditional woodtone legs/feet
- An overall transitional style - not too traditional, not too contemporary
- An affordable price tag - everything I seem to fall in love with is $1,000+ - which just isn't in the budget for a coffee table for us... And, even if it was, $1,000+ would be a tough price to swallow for just one component of our living room decor.
- Something that's not going to cost an arm + leg to ship or take 6-8 months for delivery. Let's face it - I'd never be given the title of "World's Most Patient Person."
* A bonus for a piece that includes nail-head trim - in an antiqued brass finish.
So far, here's what I've found:
*I think the piece from Ballard Designs is my favorite - we can select custom upholstery, which is wonderful... BUT, I think I'd need TWO of these to fill the space I have in mind. And, although two would be wonderful, in regards to extra seating - ease of movement of the pieces, etc., I'm back over $1,000 for our cocktail table solution :-(
So, here's the big money question - does anyone out there have any recommendations for the perfect tufted cocktail ottoman for our home?!?